Marshfield, MA - The Marshfield Police Department is currently in search of a man who allegedly shot his wife last night, September 24, 2018.

According to District Attorney Tim Cruz, the situation began around 5:50 p.m. Monday evening when a woman called 9-1-1 to report her soon to be ex-husband was chasing her around in his car. The district attorney has identified the man as Allen Warren, age 47, of Rockland.

The call led police officers to Main Street on Monday evening only to find that the woman had several facial injuries. She was later pronounced dead at South Shore Hospital last night.

Police officers from the Marshfield Police Department and additional police departments gathered together to search all immediate areas surrounding Main Street. With their weapons drawn, officers on high-alert closed what’s known as Route 3A (Main Street surrounding areas) to search the woods.

Police warned the public to stay away from all immediate areas, writing on social media that all citizens should, “Stay inside and lock your doors.”

District Attorney Tim Cruz came forward late last night to say that the incident remains an active and ongoing homicide investigation. As of now, the State Police Department is asking that any and everyone keep their eyes peeled for Mr. Warner.

Mr. Warner was last seen in a gray 2013 Toyota Corolla with a Massachusetts license plate reading 4FSZ80. Investigators seem to think that Mr. Warner has left the immediate area.

If anyone sees Mr. Warner anywhere, they are highly encouraged to call 9-1-1. This man is assumed to be armed and dangerous.

According to officials, several students that are involved in after-school activities were at the Marshfield High School last night around the time the incident happened. As a precaution, they were all brought inside the school to be guarded. The Duxbury High School volleyball team was also on campus; they were urged to stay inside the school until police officers confirmed it was safe to leave.

After locking down the area and making sure the surrounding areas were safe, all students were released to their parents or school buses with the aid and protection of police officers.