Boston, MA - On July 8, 2018, police officers rushed to the scene of an East Boston blast, where they found guns, live ammunition, weapon parts, and chemicals in the home of a 28-year-old man. Though the scene had undergone a very serious explosion, officers are confident in telling Boston citizens that the blast had nothing to do with terrorism.

After the powerful explosion had taken place, the 28-year-old man, who’s name is yet to be revealed, was rushed to the Massachusetts General Hospital after being diagnosed in critical condition. According to Boston police Commissioner William B. Evans, the man suffered severe second-degree burns to all of his extremities. According to the man’s landlord, the 28-year-old was undergoing an experiment on the second floor, where he lives. When the experiment blew up in his face at 12:30 a.m. on Webster Street, the man and two dogs survived the explosion. The landlord spoke to the police officers regarding all of this information but refused to sit down with a reporter.

As of now, William B. Evans is refusing to give the suspects name, too, considering the man may be in a lot of trouble with severe, illegal weapon charges. Though the suspect may be charged with illegal use of weapons, Evans states that the man does not seem to be connected with terrorism due to the experiment. After working with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Evans states that the evidence that was found does not point to a bomb in the making; As a matter of fact, it looks as if the man was simply experimenting when the chemicals suddenly blew up in his face.

Even still, to assure Boston citizens that there was no sinister plot in the making of this ‘experiment,’ special-agent-in-charge of FBI Boston’s offices, Harold “Hank” Shaw, went on record to say nothing raised the terrorism alarm bell.

The explosion blew out three windows in the apartment and shattered glass over cars parked below the building. While neighbor Rafael Fernandez said the man told police officers that it was his computer that exploded when it turned on, other neighbors claimed they smelt a strong odor of gunpowder.

No additional details are readily available to the public at this time.