Dear Boston, Dunkin' in China Has Shredded Pork Doughnuts
Boston, MA– When listing aspects of Boston culture that are most stereotypically associated with the city, Dunkin' Donuts is undoubtedly one of the first things to come to mind. However, Dunkin' has evolved far beyond Boston as a major national coffee and breakfast fast food restaurant. Indeed, it has become a globally recognized brand. And at its international locations, you might expect that not every Dunkin' around the planet is going to have the exact same menu that we Bostonians are accustomed to. International doughnut creation results in a glorious variation of doughnut flavors typically reserved for the aesthetic of Club Cool in Walt Disney World's Epcot.
As shared by Reddit user u/samort7, the Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robbins hybrid in Xi'an, China boasted a number of unconventionally flavored doughnuts, including one that featured shredded pork. Obviously, shredded pork and doughnuts both taste delicious, but combining the two is definitely not a common thought process for American doughnut connoisseurs.
Around the world and especially in China, Dunkin' Donuts definitely puts the emphasis on the doughnuts, as opposed to locations in Massachusetts and elsewhere in the United States where coffee is the big seller. Even to the point where Dunkin' Donuts franchises have rebranded to be known as simply Dunkin'.
The global appeal of Dunkin' Donuts has opened our eyes to the multitudes of interesting doughnut flavors. Here are some of the most unique flavors in the 36 countries in which a Dunkin' Donuts can be found:
- In China, there are more than just shredded pork doughnuts. Customers can also try dried pork and seaweed doughnuts. Munchkins are also flavored in "spicy" and "pizza" variations.
- In South Korea, customers can take a bite out of jalapeno sausage flavored doughnuts, which definitely sounds pretty spicy.
- In India, you can try a doughnut that combines the flavors of saffron and pistachio.
- In Indonesia, doughnuts start out simple with a vanilla creme flavor before being doused in Parmesan cheese!
- In Thailand, fruit is the name of the game as doughnuts come topped with juicy foods like kiwis, pineapples, and cherries.
There are plenty of unconventional doughnut flavors that can be found around the world. Visiting all the international locations could make for a fun bucket list for Dunkin'-loving Bostonians!