Boston, MA - The eighth confirmed case of coronavirus in the U.S.A. has been identified in Boston. It is the first known case of the deadly virus to be detected in Massachusetts.

The individual is a man in his 20s who attends UMass Boston and landed at Logan International Airport on Tuesday, which was one day prior to the mandatory screening of passengers in the Boston Airport. He began to feel unwell the next day and immediately visited a clinic, at which point samples were taken and transported to the U.S. Center for Disease Control. He was then quarantined in his home, which the Boston Globe reports is not a dormitory. The Globe also writes that the man is recovering well, as he is not in need of hospitalization, according to health officials.

Coronavirus is a virus similar to pneumonia that was originally discovered in Wuhan, China in December. It has since infected an estimated 15,000 individuals in countries across the world. Of those people, there have been 328 people cured of the illness and 304 deaths, but those statistics may not be fully or accurately reported, as there are as many as 20,000 additional suspected cases of coronavirus in China alone, according to China Daily, a daily newspaper published in English by the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China.

Throughout Asia, confirmed cases exist in China, Cambodia, Hong Kong (SAR), India, Japan, Macao (SAR), Malaysia, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Deaths from the virus are concentrated in China, though the Philippines reported the first international fatality on Sunday when a 44-year-old Filipino man died, as reported by the NY Times.

Outside of Asia, fears are growing, despite relatively low instances of the disease in Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. These countries account for no known deaths from coronavirus and an estimated 40 confirmed cases of the virus.

News of the first case in Massachusetts comes the same day as reports of a suspected case in New York of a 40-year-old who is now in stable condition, writes the Wall Street Journal.